Townley Engineering is 100% Australian-owned company that has been operating for over 100 years. We manufacture and supply the highest quality lifting and rigging equipment to Department of Defence, Construction, Mining, Infrastructure and primary industries together with custom forging and manufacturing for original equipment manufacturers.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Sales Representative to drive sales growth and provide technical support to our customers. The role requires previous sales experience, a technical background in engineering, strong communication and relationship building skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude. The position is full-time, permanent, and based in our Melbourne office.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Business Development – generating & identifying leads.
- Technical support/Engineering advice to customers.
- Ability to understand & effectively communicate features and benefits of Townley products providing exceptional sales support.
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships.
- Educate and engage new & existing customers through calls, training, presentations and Townley customer support resources.
- Providing assistance with marketing activities.
Experience & Skills
- Previous Sales experience is a must.
- Lifting and rigging knowledge would be ideal but not essential as we will train you.
- Technical background in engineering.
- Knowledge of Machining/Toolmaking would be an advantage.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Determination to achieve positive results.
- Able to prioritise tasks with effective time management.
- Highly organised.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A generous Salary package (Based on relevant experience & knowledge)
- Full-time permanent role
- Long term job stability/career progression opportunities
- We are committed to providing you with a rewarding, supportive and challenging environment in which you can grow and develop your skills
If you want to be part of a great team and have the skills and experience to make a difference to this successful business, we would like to hear from you.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Rocky Galati via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0403 052 748 for a confidential discussion.
You must be eligible to work in Australia to apply for this role.